Whether you are replacing the old roof or building a new one, the style you choose is always crucial to the project. You will find that traditionally, most residential buildings have the sloped roof. Commercial buildings, on the other hand, can be seen with flat roofs more often. A flat roof significantly affects the value of the property, adding a lot to it. You are more likely to get a buyer or a tenant at a high price if you have a flat roof. What makes a flat roof installation in Horsham so popular? This long list of benefits is enough to convince anyone.
6 Vital Reasons You Should Go for Flat Roof Installation
- One of the essential features in a commercial building is the aesthetic of it. The overall look reflects the image of the company or the owner. You can choose from a variety of colours to match it to your needs. The finish is seamless with no cracks and joints spoiling the view. A beautiful roof can change the look of the building inside out.
- Installing a flat roof is relatively easy and safe. It is a cold process involving no flames. It takes less time. Flat roofing is also quite popular due to its cost-effective factor. As a business owner, you would want to minimize the expenditure to ensure maximum profits. A flat roof installation is accessible on the pocket while being high in quality.
- The versatility that comes with a flat roof cannot be compared to the others. There is so much you can do with the amount of space that you get on the roof. As the surface is plane and smooth, most of the rooftop space can be utilized. You can make your building energy efficient by installing solar panels. Heavy machinery or air conditioning units can also be placed to ensure a clutter-free commercial space.
- Maintaining a flat roof is the easiest. The plane surface provides you with the ease of access and movement. Any repairs, which are seldom needed, can be done without thinking about the tricky angles. A flat fibreglass roof is also waterproof and UV resistant. So, no more rains bringing along the stress of a leaky roof. Proper installation can last you very long. The life expectancy of a flat fibreglass roof is about 50 years. The material is also easy to clean. It isn’t a house to moss and algae due to water retention. Cleaning equipment needed is even simpler, a mop or a brush, once in a while will be enough.
- A flat roof will also help you in making your building more energy-efficient. The amount of air in between is very less compared to sloping roofs. The roof doesn’t allow the heat to escape quickly, keeping the building warm. You will not have to spend a fortune on heating mechanisms due to rapid heat loss in the colder months.
- If you live in stormy weather, you get added benefits from a flat roof. It has much better wind resistance which will keep your buildings safe in a storm compared to the traditional sloping roofs.
Since getting a roof is an investment, getting it right is vital. You will save yourself a lot of trouble and money by choosing the right company. You should select a company like Gibson Fibreglass Services, which is fully insured as well as BBA approved for the best flat roof installation in Horsham. The quality of the product is excellent, and you also get a 25-year guarantee, because they put the customers first.