Patios constitute the part of the house which unfortunately does not get much attention. Despite giving us good outdoor entertainment for years, we do not pay much attention to keep the patio clean, unlike the rest of the house. Proper cleaning and maintenance of the patio will give it a long and healthy life. You can clean the patio yourself by following simple tips or for more complex cleaning; you can seek from the Chemical Cleaning Services in Sussex.
How to have a sparkling clean patio?
- Before you are set for the task of cleaning the patio, make the courtyard free of all the furniture, plants and other goods. Dirt can accumulate anywhere under or on the items. Remove the dirt and other debris by sweeping the patio. Take care to remove the weeds from the cracks or along the edges of the patio. Also, by moving the furniture, you can clean the dust and dirt from the table legs, wheels and the base of it.
- You must sweep your patio often to keep it away from dirt, dust and fallen leaves. Wet leaves leave behind stains on the patio. If regular cleaning is done, these stains can be removed easily.
- If there are mould, mildew or moss growing in the small cracks in your patio, you must clean it as soon as possible. Once these areas are treated, you can wash it with water and scrub the surface with a stiff brush until it is clean and then rinse it off.
- For a slightly dirty patio, you can use a brush and a cleaner. You can make a solution of a liquid detergent in water, put it in a spray bottle, and spray the solution. Let the solution remain on the patio for a little while before scrubbing it with a stiff-bristled brush. Metallic brush must not be used as it can leave pieces of metal on the patio that can cause rusting and staining on it. If you are using a solution of bleach and water, make sure to keep it away from the surrounding plants. Oxygen bleach would be less harmful when used. For tough stains, a mixture of oxygen bleach and water in the consistency of peanut butter would be best. You can apply this to the stained areas. Let it sit for an hour before scrubbing and rinsing it with water.
- If you notice cracks on your patio, you must get it fixed by a professional patio repair company. Besides, if there are other imperfections in the patio, you must get it corrected. Sealants should be applied and reapplied regularly to protect the patio from being stained. Before using the sealant, the patio and driveway must be thoroughly cleaned.
Preparing Natural Cleaner for the Patio
You can easily make a natural cleaner suitable for the patio. Vinegar is the go-to natural ingredient you can use. Take equal portions of water and vinegar and blend well. If the stain is stubborn, then you can use vinegar at its full-strength. Another great natural agent you can use is baking soda. Mix a half cup of baking soda in one gallon of water and put 1/8 cup of liquid dish wash in it. This will get you a solution to clean your patio gently.
Chemclean Services is one of the best and reliable companies offering chemical cleaning services in Sussex and have made a name for themselves even abroad. They successfully finished a large number of chemical cleaning tasks. Following the above cleaning and maintenance tips, you can extend the life of your patio for sure.